Ethiopia Reduces Maternal Mortality By Over 70%

Written by on January 11, 2019

Addis Ababa — Ethiopia has slashed maternal death by more than 70 Percent, according to Ministry of Health.

The ministry stated that mortality rate of mothers was 1,250 out of 100,000, according to the 1990 World Health Organization Report, but has now dropped to 353 out of 100,000.

Despite the decline, 50 percent of the death are caused by bleeding during pregnancy and related problems, it was learned.

At a press conference she held today, Heath State Minister Liya Tadesse revealed that maternal death is reduced by 72 percent.

According to her, low awareness among the public, poor care and service in health institutions are the major factors that are still contributing to maternal mortality in Ethiopia.

In this regard, Ministry of Health has been working with stakeholders to enhance integrated effort and focusing on identified problems as well increasing accessibility to quality health services across the country, Liya stated.

She further said the ministry has also been working to increase the number of extension workers, midwives and other health professions to narrowing the ratio between mothers delivering at health institutions and professionals.

The ministry has launched a month long campaign starting from today and it will be celebrated in health institutions throughout the country by providing quality services, she stated..

The ministry has distributed new ambulances to health institution to make the campaign successful, it was pointed out.

Despite the positive results achieved in the sub-sector, the state minister noted that the public need to improve the culture of blood donation to decrease maternal death caused by over bleeding during delivery.

Reader's opinions
  1. gamefly free trial   On   May 3, 2019 at 03:02

Thank you for every other informative site.
    Where else may I am getting that type of info written in such an ideal way?
    I’ve a undertaking that I am just now working on, and I have been at the glance out for such info.

2. gamefly free trial   On   May 3, 2019 at 04:22

Having read this I thought it was very enlightening.
    I appreciate you taking the time and effort to put this article together.
    I once again find myself spending way too much time both reading and leaving comments.
    But so what, it was still worth it!

3. gamefly free trial   On   May 4, 2019 at 14:49

you’re in point of fact a just right webmaster. The website loading pace is incredible.

It kind of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick.
    In addition, The contents are masterpiece. you’ve performed a fantastic process on this subject!

4. g   On   May 12, 2019 at 15:12

I’ve been surfing online more than three hours nowadays, yet I never found any fascinating article like yours.
    It is lovely price enough for me. Personally, if all website
    owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web shall be a lot more useful than ever
    before.

5. g   On   May 13, 2019 at 12:42

Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with
    Search Engine Optimization? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good gains.
    If you know of any please share. Many thanks!

6. g   On   May 13, 2019 at 20:50

Link exchange is nothing else however it is just placing the
    other person’s weblog link on your page at appropriate place and
    other person will also do same in support of you.

7. how to download minecraft   On   May 14, 2019 at 19:06

It is the best time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy.
    I’ve read this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting things or advice.
    Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article.
    I desire to read even more things about it!

8. download minecraft free   On   May 15, 2019 at 01:28

Today, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iPad and tested to see if
    it can survive a 25 foot drop, just so she
    can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now
    destroyed and she has 83 views. I know this is
    totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!

9. Pingback: